Re: PostgreSQL the right choice?

From: "David Siebert" <david(at)eclipsecat(dot)com>
To: "Richard Chrenko" <richard(at)solarenergy(dot)ch>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL the right choice?
Date: 2002-03-14 19:42:36
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Do you really need an SQL Database for this? I am trying to figure out why
you would need a database server with a simulation? I have heard of a
tinySQL server that is written all in java and might do what you need
without having to install and setup a database server just to run a
simulation. How big is the data set you are using? couldn't you use a flat
file for this?