Re: Multiple Return Values?

From: Steve_Miller(at)sil(dot)org
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple Return Values?
Date: 2003-02-18 15:51:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Josh,

Thanks for the reply.

I'd forgotten about the stuffing a string full of delimited values. It's
been a loooong time since I've used that trick. We're using 7.3, though.

I've heard about a table row. Is that what you're talking about? I was
thinking that the solution might be to set up a temp table, which would
have the desired structure and one row. The down side to that is the temp
table has a disk presence (I've been told), rather than being in memory,
which will slow down processing. Seems like it would be a bit messy to set
up/clean up, too. Might almost be easier parsing that string of values. But
maybe your faux record is something else.

Steve Miller
SIL International