Renice on Postgresql process

From: "Ayappan P2" <ayappap2(at)in(dot)ibm(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Renice on Postgresql process
Date: 2018-05-07 14:46:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

We are using Postgresql in AIX. Unlike some other databases, Postgresql has
lot of other process running in the background along with the main process.

We do "renice" only on the Postgres main process. Is it sufficient to have
higher priority only for the main process or we have to do "renice" for all
the Postgresql related process ( like wal writer, logger , checkpointer
etc.,) ?

Thanks
Ayappan P