ALTER TABLE Problem

From: dirk(dot)jacobs(at)tuple(dot)be
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ALTER TABLE Problem
Date: 2002-03-15 12:26:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

- I tried to execute following SQL alter table PRICEGROUP add FOREIGN KEY
("PARENT") REFERENCES "PRICEGROUP" ON DELETE CASCADE

this gives an error ALTER TABLE: column "PARENT" referenced in foreign key
constraint does not exist (7) while I'm sure that the column exists and is
Non null. I'm using version 7.2 on linux redhat 7.2

- I also tried some ODBC stuff. Here I've seen that the S.... result codes
are not correct. Most of the time it simply return S1000 which is a
general error code.

and not a specific code. e.g. when you want to create a table that already
exists it should return the correct error. ( same for an index, etc... )

Regards,

Dirk Jacobs