Re: LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal index

From: Sherry(dot)CTR(dot)Zhu(at)faa(dot)gov
To: Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Joel Jacobson <joel(at)gluefinance(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal index
Date: 2010-04-07 13:08:36
Lists: pgsql-performance

Do you mean one index on two columns?

something like this: create index idx1 on tb1(col1, col2);

Thanks much!

Xuefeng Zhu (Sherry)
Crown Consulting Inc. -- Oracle DBA
AIM Lab Data Team
(703) 925-3192

Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman(at)gmail(dot)com>
04/07/2010 08:51 AM

Sherry CTR Zhu/AWA/CNTR/FAA(at)FAA
cc
Joel Jacobson <joel(at)gluefinance(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org,
Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject
Re: [PERFORM] LIMIT causes planner to do Index Scan using a less optimal