Server/Database/Schema Definitions

From: Brandon E Hofmann <Brandon_E_Hofmann(at)notes(dot)ntrs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Server/Database/Schema Definitions
Date: 2006-05-16 14:23:09
Lists: pgsql-general

When coding table and function scripts, how do you specify which
server/database/schema where you want new tables and functions to reside?
Every time I execute my creation scripts, it puts everything in the public
schema under the PostgreSQL server. I'm new to PostgreSQL and haven't
found any documentation discussing these characteristics.

Do you explicitly define the server.schema.table_name in the create table
statement? Should the tablespace be set to pg_default and the owner to
postgres?

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon