Re: Access/Postgresql problem with text fields recognized as

From: laurie(dot)burrow(at)powerconv(dot)alstom(dot)com
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access/Postgresql problem with text fields recognized as
Date: 2005-02-09 18:23:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Justin Dahl wrote:

> All tables I create have a unique index called "id" that is of type
> "serial".
> Setting "Row Versioning" in odbc driver does not make any difference.

I have experienced the same general issue using Access (several versions)
and Postgres 8. I believe this issue is resolved by ensuring that you have
defined a primary key for the table. A unique field is not sufficient. I
have found that setting the row versioning option does not help.

Access will identify rows using the primary key of a linked table provided
it does not map to a memo field. I generally use a serial type which works
fine.

Hope this helps
Laurie

CONFIDENTIALITY : This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and
may be privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use
it for any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.