detecting a NULL box

From: dschmidt(at)lexmark(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: detecting a NULL box
Date: 2003-09-19 13:34:12
Lists: pgsql-general

Does anybody know how to detect a NULL in a geometric box type?

When I execute the following sql statement (coords is a box type)
autotest=# select coords from dlg_control limit 1
autotest-# \g
coords
--------

(1 row)

So, I have data that contains a "NULL" in the coords column, but when I
test on box(NULL) I don't get any data...
autotest=# select coords from dlg_control where coords=box(NULL) limit 1
autotest-# \g
coords
--------
(0 rows)