Re: Start-up script for few clusters: just add water?

From: Piotr Kublicki <Piotr(dot)Kublicki(at)iop(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Start-up script for few clusters: just add water?
Date: 2010-04-29 08:40:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote on 28/04/2010 15:04:07:

> > In such case the new created start-up script postgresql2 should not be
> > modified in the following line:
> >
> > # Override defaults from /etc/sysconfig/pgsql if file is present
> > [ -f /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/${NAME} ] && . /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/${NAME}
> >
> > export PGDATA
> > export PGPORT
> >
> > Or it will automatically match-up names from both directories, i.e.:
> > /etc/init.d/postgresql will run /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql?
> >
> > /etc/init.d/postgresql2 will run /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql2
> >

> The latter. It will automatically match the script file name and the
> config file name.

Thanks again. By the way, if I want to start instances with few optional
arguments, as -S or -B where can I include these? In the same config file,
i.e. /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql (speaking about RedHat directories
structure)?

Pete

This email (and attachments) are confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender,
delete any copies and do not take action in reliance on it. Any views expressed are the author's and do not represent those of IOP, except where specifically
stated. IOP takes reasonable precautions to protect against viruses but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from virus infection.
For the protection of IOP's systems and staff emails are scanned automatically.”

Institute of Physics Registered in England under Registration No 293851
Registered Office: 76/78 Portland Place, London W1B 1NT