Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Date: 2005-03-09 18:13:06
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't think so, if you consider a troll to be someone who doesn't care
about the topic, but rather wishes to stir up newbies and flamers. A
search of the archives shows the sender has a history of asking valid
questions and offering advice on-topic.

That said, the result is the same.

Cheers,

Rick

Geoffrey
<esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net> To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: cc:
pgsql-general-owner(at)pos Subject: Re: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
tgresql.org

03/09/2005 11:28 AM

Tom Lane wrote:
> Tope Akinniyi <topeakinniyi(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
>
>>I am not holding anybody responsible, but I think we need to do a massive
re-orientation of the community not to carry the Linux-Windows game too
far.

> This is a troll, isn't it?

My thinking as well, unfortunately, has hooked some folks...

--
Until later, Geoffrey