Re: pgadmin csv problems

From: "Michiel Lange" <Michiel_Lange(at)actuera(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin csv problems
Date: 2003-12-01 14:14:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Thanks for the quick response...
I think I found the real problem. I should've added a semicolon (my
field-delimiter) after each line... that kind of worked...

However now I get into a trickier problem:
there's a field I named 'level', so to see there's a small problem with
that... because there are quotes placed around it automatically... It
results in this query (from the logfile):
conn=47841352, query='INSERT INTO public.items ("itemname",
"wearlocation", ""level"", "str", ""int"", "wis", "dex", "con", "ac",
"age", "arm", "av", "dam", "hit", "hp", "hr", "lb", "man", "mov", "sex",
""Area"", "save_vs_spell", "alignment") VALUES ('An oaken staff ',
'Wield', '"10"', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0',
'0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', 'Moonshae Islands', '0', '0')'
ERROR from backend during send_query: 'ERROR: parser: zero-length
delimited identifier at or near """" at character 55'

And so there's also the field 'int', which will give the same problem.
I will try to rename the fields, and if that's not possible rebuild the
schema...

Michiel out...
thanks for the help though! I'll see if it is possible to import data with
the query tool... and thus import csv files...

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
01-12-2003 13:36