bug report: tuple is too big

From: "Joel G Guevara" <JGGuevara(at)ibmsd(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug report: tuple is too big
Date: 2001-07-11 23:08:51
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Sir:

I was testing my php web content manager yesterday when an error
suddenly popped out as I was trying to save my article to the database. The
error was "PostgreSQL query failed: Error: Tuple is too big: size 8812". My
table schema for the news article:

neid serial
netitle varchar(120)
nebody text

I am using PostgreSQL version 6.5 (included in Red Hat Linux 6.2). The
article I was trying to insert into the database was fairly large. Is there
an official patch I can apply to overcome this limit. Or is the new version
of PostgreSQL capable of handling larger inputs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Joel G. Guevara
Programmer
IBM Solutions Delivery, Inc.