Re: understand the process of ID wraparound

From: KKreuzer(at)kbtoys(dot)com
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: understand the process of ID wraparound
Date: 2008-09-29 14:16:01
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you Tom..

Can you recommend any documentation that explains the process?

Keith Kreuzer
ext 3424

Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
09/29/2008 10:00 AM

KKreuzer(at)kbtoys(dot)com
cc
pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [ADMIN] understand the process of ID wraparound

KKreuzer(at)kbtoys(dot)com writes:
> I am hoping someone can help a novice understand the process of ID
> wraparound, I have read many of the articles
> on the web but don't understand why my age(datfrozenxid) never gets
reset.
> I am not sure if I even have a
> problem, just trying to be proactive.

You don't have a problem. The datfrozenxid values you are showing are
around 31 million transactions. Nothing is going to happen until they
exceed vacuum_freeze_min_age, which is 100 million transactions.