COBOL Micro Focus Application accessing Postgresql database

From: alain(dot)bruneau(at)acoss(dot)fr
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: COBOL Micro Focus Application accessing Postgresql database
Date: 2003-04-01 10:27:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.
Has anyone developped Cobol (Micro-Focus) application with postgresql
database ??

I don't know how to make the link between cobol and postgresql.

Today, my application is implemented with oracle database.
Cobol source sample :
MOVE SQLERRD(3) TO TOT-NB-DEL
MOVE 0 TO ANC-REFER
MOVE "LKXX" TO TOT-REFER
GO TO RETOUR.
***** DELETE D UN ARTICLE DE LA CHAINE
EXEC SQL DELETE FROM LM18 WHERE
LM18_REFER = :WREFER
END-EXEC.
IF SQLCODE NOT = 0
MOVE 'V' TO WTYPE
PERFORM DEB-ERROR THRU FIN-ERROR

Compilation :
.pco
-> procob ->
.cob
-> cob ->
exec module

Procob is oracle precompiler tool. Is there something similar with
postgresql ??

If no, is ODBC the solution ??

Thank you for your help.

Regards,