Re: missing schemas from template1

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: missing schemas from template1
Date: 2004-12-16 18:18:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Did you turn on the "view system objects" thingy in pgadmin3? That's too
technical%| Okay, I just checked and it's Display->System Objects.

Scott Marlowe
<smarlowe(at)g2switchwor To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
ks.com> cc: drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Sent by: Subject: Re: [ADMIN] missing schemas from template1
pgsql-admin-owner(at)pos
tgresql.org

12/16/2004 01:05 PM

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 11:59, Tom Lane wrote:
> drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu writes:
> > On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> It's difficult to believe that those aren't there, or that the
database
> >> would appear to work if they were not.
>
> > The databse is not useable, so that's right.
>
> >> Are you able to do, say, "select
> >> * from pg_namespace"?
>
> > The system is closed, I have no access to it from home, so I can't try
> > it right now. The answer is surely no.
>
> If not, why are you so certain that the problem is with missing schemas
> and not something else? I would think it would be impossible to do any
> investigation at all, if the initial catalog contents are messed up that
> badly.

Maybe the hosting company is running 7.2 or something like that?