Long time Vacuum full

From: "Patrick Hatcher" <PHatcher(at)macys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Long time Vacuum full
Date: 2003-01-23 22:04:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Should it take over 8 hours to do a vacuum full analyze on a 15 million
record table? I have no idea when, if ever, this user has done a vacuum
full on this machine.
Checking the log, it appears it has gone through and taken care of the
indexes, but there are hundreds of lines
DEBUG: recycled transaction log file XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
I'm afraid to cancel the process for fear of corrupting the table.

Patrick Hatcher
Macys.Com