Fw: SQL error code -601 <ECPG_WARNING_QUERY_IGNORED>

From: jason(dot)ctr(dot)alburger(at)faa(dot)gov
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fw: SQL error code -601 <ECPG_WARNING_QUERY_IGNORED>
Date: 2005-08-03 14:19:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

> A query failed inside a transaction. All other DML query inside
> this transaction skipped.

Maybe meaning that the row I was trying to delete didn't exist?

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
HID/NAS/LAN Engineer
Joseph Sheairs Associates, Inc.
FAA/AOS-330
----- Forwarded by Jason CTR Alburger/ACT/CNTR/FAA on 08/03/2005 10:18 AM
-----

daq
<daq(at)ugyvitelszol
galtato.hu> To
Jason CTR Alburger/ACT/CNTR/FAA(at)FAA
08/03/2005 09:59 cc
AM Pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject
Re: [NOVICE] SQL error code -601
Please respond to <ECPG_WARNING_QUERY_IGNORED>
daq16
<daq(at)ugyvitelszol
galtato.hu>

jcafg> All,

jcafg> I recevied the SQL error code -601 <ECPG_WARNING_QUERY_IGNORED> from
an
jcafg> embedded C SQL EXEC statement

jcafg> ie, EXEC SQL DELETE FROM foo WHERE number = 999999;

jcafg> I've googled the error code, but the only thing I can come up with
is
jcafg> "current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until the end of
jcafg> transaction block".

jcafg> Can anybody provide me with a better explanation of what the error
means &
jcafg> what circumstances generate the error? Is this error just a warning
that
jcafg> can be logged and ignored, or is there a major problem at this
point?

jcafg> Thanks in advance!!

A query failed inside a transaction. All other DML query inside
this transaction skipped.

DAQ

  • sql question at 2005-08-03 16:28:32 from operationsengineer1