Execution from java - slow

From: Jayadevan M <Jayadevan(dot)Maymala(at)ibsplc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Execution from java - slow
Date: 2012-08-27 12:37:32
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello all,

I have a plpgsql function that takes a few seconds (less than 5) when
executed from psql. The same function, when invoked from java via a
prepared statement takes a few minutes. There are a few queries in the
function. Out of these, the first query takes input parameters for
filtering the data. It is this query which takes a long time when the
procedure is invoked from java. To ensure that the query does use actual
values (and not bind variables) for optimization, we used

execute
'
select x.col_type_desc,x.acc_id,acc_svr from (.....
'
using d_from_date,d_to_date

It did not help. Any suggestions? It is from_date and to_date on which
data gets filtered. We are using the same values for filtering, when we
execute it from java/psql

Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."