Réf. : Re: Running PostGre on DVD

From: eric(dot)leguillier(at)mpsa(dot)com
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Réf. : Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date: 2005-11-15 15:26:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

NO, it won't reduce everybody's security.

You obviously don't understand what I'm trying to say.

It would NOT be the default option. The user could just choose by
SPECIFYING it, that PostGre don't control the privileged he has.

This discussion is amazing. Without this option, I CANNOT use PostGre, and
I think I'm not the only one...

Eric LEGUILLIER
Projet BriqueBackup

"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
>> To be honest, the fact that Postgres forces you to run as a
>> non-admin user has given me nothing but headaches. (yes, I
>> know, the problem is defaulting everyone to admin rights is
>> the problem. But that's where I am). I have been kicking
>> around the idea of posting a change to allow you to run as
>> admin,

> This has been proposed before, and always rejected. While you're always
> welcome to provide a patch, I'm very doubtful it would be accepted into
> the main product.

The example given in this thread certainly isn't going to change
anybody's mind. "Hi, I propose reducing everybody's security because
my local admins insist on an utterly brain-dead security policy."