Re: solaris install - 8.0.3 config fails on openssl, 7.4 config

From: mjmayfield(at)pepco(dot)com
To: "Roth, Gabrielle" <gabrielle(dot)roth(at)xo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: solaris install - 8.0.3 config fails on openssl, 7.4 config
Date: 2005-10-17 21:09:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include" export CPPFLAGS

You have to set the CPPFLAGS to whatever your ssl/include path is.

MM

---
http://www.freebsd.org
FreeBSD: The power to
set your computer free.

"Roth, Gabrielle" <gabrielle(dot)roth(at)xo(dot)com>
Sent by: pgsql-admin-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
10/17/05 03:45 PM

<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
cc

Subject
[ADMIN] solaris install - 8.0.3 config fails on openssl, 7.4 config works

Building a new server here (solaris 9), was going to put 8.0.3 on it.

./configure --with-openssl --enable-syslog

fails with this error message:
configure: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for OpenSSL

config.log has this:
configure:9227: checking openssl/ssl.h usability
configure:9236: gcc -c -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
-Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing conftest.c >&5
configure:9264:25: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
configure:9254: result: no
configure:9258: checking openssl/ssl.h presence
configure:9265: gcc -E conftest.c
configure:9261:25: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory
configure:9271: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
#line 9260 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <openssl/ssl.h>
configure:9289: result: no
configure:9307: checking for openssl/ssl.h
configure:9314: result: no
configure:9321: error: header file <openssl/ssl.h> is required for
OpenSSL

- I've verified that the path to ssl.h is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
- I have openssl-0.97f, which is a later version than the 0.96 specified
in the FAQ (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ_Solaris.html)
- I get the same error with 8.0.4
- I got fed up with troubleshooting it (it was a long day...) & tried
7.4 - configured with the same command and installed without a hitch.

Ideas?

- gabrielle -

http://archives.postgresql.org

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.