Re: Cannot Create Foreign Key

From: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org, sgbrodie(at)mts(dot)net
Subject: Re: Cannot Create Foreign Key
Date: 2004-09-20 16:40:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

That makes sense. Thanks Andreas --Rick

Andreas Pflug
<pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)d To: Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com
e> cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-support-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org,
Sent by: sgbrodie(at)mts(dot)net
pgadmin-support-owner(at)pos Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Cannot Create Foreign Key
tgresql.org

09/20/2004 10:15 AM

Richard_D_Levine(at)raytheon(dot)com wrote:
> I haven't worked with PostgreSQL much at all yet, but doesn't there need
> be a primary key constraint on the emp_address_tb's emp_id column in
order
> to set up the foreign key relation between the two emp_id columns?

Sort of, there has to be a unique index (which a pk by design is).
in a future version (1.3/1.4) we might have some autodetect mechanism
for those columns.

Regards,
Andreas