Script to createuser

From: Rebecca(dot)R(dot)Hepper(at)seagate(dot)com
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Script to createuser
Date: 2001-05-18 14:03:15
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello All,

I am running Redhat 7.0.

I am trying to create a script that will add a user. My script looks like
this:

echo 'createuser becky -d -a' | su postgres

When I run my script, I receive the following message even though the user
is created.

bash: /home/username/. bashrc: Permission denied
CREATE USER

Why do I get this error and is there a way to get rid of it?

Thanks for the help!!
Rebecca