Set locale per query?

From: "Rigmor Ukuhe" <rigmor(dot)ukuhe(at)finestmedia(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Set locale per query?
Date: 2004-10-05 15:35:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there a way to set locale per query (i use latest JDBC drivers). I am in
situation, where we need to make ORDER BY querys over data that is in
various langages - English, Russian, Estonian, Latvian. I know that there
are issues with indexing that column in such case, but what are my options
other then sort results in my program manally.

Rigmor Ukuhe

---