How determine a Views dependents

From: "Charles Mortell" <cmortell(at)apt-cafm(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How determine a Views dependents
Date: 2007-06-22 15:50:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Fellow Postgressors,
I took over an existing PG 8.0 database running on Windows XP. I need to
update a view so I know I need to drop the existing view and all the objects
that depend on it.
The DB is large enough that I can't just look through it with PGAdmin. In
an organized way, how can I find out what those dependents are?
If I need to use pg_depend, I could use some help in how to do that.
Thanks!

Charles Mortell
Advanced Planning Technologies, Inc.
On the Mississippi River at La Crosse, WI
cmortell at apt-cafm dot com