Re: slow inserts

From: "Peter Darley" <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>
To: "Jodi Kanter" <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>, "Postgres Admin List" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: slow inserts
Date: 2002-03-20 19:31:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Jodi,
I believe DBI defaults to autocommitting queries, which slows it down.
If you aren't specifically turning off the autocommit, I'd suggest it, which
would make all the inserts go in one transaction which makes it much faster.
You'd do something like:
DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=dbname;host=hostname", 'user', 'password',
{AutoCommit => 0})
Thanks,
Peter Darley