Possible ODBC Issue

From: "Peter Darley" <pdarley(at)kinesis-cem(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Possible ODBC Issue
Date: 2003-02-15 22:38:03
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Friends,
I've got a problem with my system, and I think it's an ODBC issue, tho it
could be from somewhere else.
The problem is that when I try to look at a particular table using ODBC, it
returns garbage. In Access it looks like the table has a bunch of duplicate
rows in it (I get 3809 records that are identical). I think it might be an
ODBC issue because other types of connections (psql or Perl DBI) get the
data that I would expect. I've done the following things to try to find out
where the problem lays, and haven't had any luck with any of them.
I've:
Dropped and reloaded the table.
Loaded the table into another database.
Set up a new ODBC data source to connect to the database.
Set up a new access database to link the table to.
Connected to the database using OpenOffice.org data source (the application
crashed).
Opened the Access database on a different machine.

While writing this it occurred to me to see if pgAdmin II could see the
data correctly, and it could, so maybe it is really an access problem.
Can anyone point me toward a good way I can troubleshoot this further, or
let me know how they solved a similar problem?
Thanks,
Peter Darley