Re: please please please PLEASE help!

From: "Rob Bamber" <rbamber(at)openworld(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: please please please PLEASE help!
Date: 2004-07-29 15:38:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

Another thought -

We had a similar issue recently. Our support guys dropped the database and
then rebuilt it from a dump file. The size of the data directory went down
from 12GB to less than 2GB. According to the sys ad that did the work
postgres is not very good a reclaiming disk space after large quantities of
tuples are deleted over time.

HTH