Escaping calls to procedures

From: "Rangachari Anand" <anand(at)reefedge(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Escaping calls to procedures
Date: 2001-06-18 12:21:21
Lists: pgsql-odbc

We are trying to get an application designed to work to
SQL server to work with Postgres instead. This is a Windows
appliation that uses ODBC to connect to a DB.

This application nmeeds to invoke a stored procedure. We have
actually defined a Postgres SQL function which can do the job.

The problem is that the application uses the following syntax to
invoke the function:

{[?=]call procedure-name[([parameter][,[parameter]]...)]}

Initially, we thought that this was an error but
it turns out that the ODBC driver is supposed to convert
this "escape" sequence into the native sytax for the DB.

The Postgres ODBC driver does not currently do this.

We are planning to modify the driver for our purpose but
before we do so, I would like to check if some one else
has encountered this problem and already solved it.

Thanks

R. Anand