Re: Help with array constraints

From: Jason Hihn <jhihn(at)paytimepayroll(dot)com>
To: "Nigel J(dot) Andrews" <nandrews(at)investsystems(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help with array constraints
Date: 2003-04-03 17:11:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Ah that's more like what I'm looking for. I have to attempt a select of the
new letter in the contrainted-to table. If it finds it, success! If the
contrainted-to table has an index, it should be very fast no matter how many
letters it's being constrained against...
"SELECT NEW.letter FROM constraint_table WHERE letter=id"
if null set raise exception.

I would have thought this would be built in? Can it be?