Re: Linux world Article

From: Jason Hihn <jhihn(at)paytimepayroll(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Linux world Article
Date: 2002-12-24 15:04:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Ok, now that we've all had a chance to read it...

Do we know why Apple chose MySQL?

Are these statements true?
"But when it comes to core SQL capabilities, open-source databases do not
support all the features that proprietary enterprise databases such as IBM's
DB2 or Oracle's 9i do."

"Open-source database providers readily admit that their databases are not
yet geared toward powering high-end enterprise systems, such as ERP and CRM
applications."

I could see that being applied to MySQL, but I thought PostgreSQL was ready!
-J