Re: query builder / system objects

From: efesar <efesar(at)nmia(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: query builder / system objects
Date: 2003-03-04 10:46:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

sorry, forgot to hit reply to all...

=====

dave,

thanks for the advice. in other news, i've got a pretty hefty update coming
your way.

i've got a rudimentary query builder fully functional. it's got a lot of
work yet to come, but i want you to see the executable and tell me what you
think. i think it's really cool so far and would like some feedback.

a zipped exec is about 1 meg. let me know if you want that emailed to you
... i prefer not to email it to the list since it is quite large.

after you see the exec, and if you like where i'm going with the query
builder, i can make a patch. i've made a lot of code changes. mostly i added
several classes, but i found some bugs that i tweaked in the main code ...
the only reason i changed them is because i needed the functionality for my
component. also, i added some system settings functions and what not to
store the query builder size and position. etc ad nauseum.

let me know. thanks again.

ps as for the cache ... i'll think on it. i really hadn't even given cache
much thought, i'm just running raw queries. i know, that's probably bad. :)

-keith