Case sensitivity

From: "Scott Gilbert" <scott(dot)gilbert(at)netregistry(dot)au(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Case sensitivity
Date: 2001-08-14 06:09:47
Lists: pgsql-general

We intend to move from M$ Access to PostgreSQL, however, much of our legacy
code operates under the assumption that string or text comparisons are case
insensitive whereas postgres is case sensitive. This issue extends to SQL
Select statements as well as straight comparison (i.e. in addition to the <,
> and = operators, the WHERE and IN clauses in SQL statements are also
issues) so we can't simply modify the function attached to the comparison
operators. Is there some means of modifying the behaviour of PostgreSQL so
that it is case insensitive?

Attachment Content-Type Size
winmail.dat application/ms-tnef 1.7 KB