Installing on SCO OpenServer 3.2v5.0.5

From: Marco Otilio Peña Diaz <motilio(at)avantel(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Installing on SCO OpenServer 3.2v5.0.5
Date: 2001-04-21 05:38:44
Lists: pgsql-ports

Hi

I'm trying to compile Postgresql 7.1 on my Unix box and i'm getting some
errors

I have SCO Open Server Dev. System ver 5.1.1A, GNU Make ver 3.78.1 and GNU
Gcc 2.95.2 pl1.

If i try to run configure i get this error:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

(adjunted config1.log)

------------------ o ------------------

then if I change line CC="$CC -b elf" on file src/template/sco to CC="$CC"
(i don't have cross-compilers) i get error:

configure: error:
*** Could not execute a simple test program. This may be a problem
*** related to locating shared libraries. Check the file 'config.log'
*** for the exact reason.

(adjunted config2.log)

--------------- o ----------------

i'm developing solutions accesing data in Unix from Win clients
and i'm interested in use postgresql (under SCO OpenServer and/or Linux -
maybe RedHat) with ODBC (any help will be appreciated)

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance...

Carpe Diem
Marco Otilio Peña Diaz

Attachment Content-Type Size
config1.log application/octet-stream 1.4 KB
config2.log application/octet-stream 29.5 KB