Slow SELECT...IN statements

From: "Jan Wessely" <jawe(at)jawe(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Slow SELECT...IN statements
Date: 2001-03-23 15:48:00
Lists: pgsql-general

The FAQ states in entry 4.23 that SELECT...IN statements are slow and
recommends to use EXISTS...IN statements instead. It also states that this
will be resolved in some future version.
I didn't find any entries about that in the TODO list, does anybody know
when this will be fixed?

PS: The mailinglist archives' search engine wasn't working, so please
forgive me if that was already asked and answered on this list.

--
Jan Wessely
Vienna Knowledge Net