Re: Error message

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola(dot)Milutinovic(at)ev(dot)co(dot)yu>, "PostgreSQL JDBC" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error message
Date: 2001-12-26 11:25:17
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

This sounds a lot like your servlets (JSPs) trying to access a connection or
other JDBC object that no longer exists. Using Tomcat, I get a similar error
message if I do something to invalidate my connection pool (like reloading a
Tomcat context) & then try to close a connection. Is it possible that
something is happening that causes one of your "close" actions to execute
twice?

BTW, an off-topic but related bit of info is that on v3.2 of Tomcat, class
dependency issues still aren't resolved satisfactorily. Tomcat at least
makes an effort to reload dependent classes when you compile a replacement,
but often reloads classes that shouldn't have been affected. This means that
simply compiling a servlet could make your current connection instance for
JDBC go away. We've taken to reloading the context or restarting Tomcat
every time we do a make, and giving each developer her/his own context to
work in so a compile won't affect others.

I'm not sure if this issue has been resolved in Tomcat 4.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/