A newbie-oriented jdbc FAQ

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-jdbc" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: A newbie-oriented jdbc FAQ
Date: 2001-10-29 13:27:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi-

It seems that we get similar questions from new folks on this list
regularly. I notice them because newbie questions are all I'm qualified to
answer so far, being a recent newbie myself. I've organized the answers to
some of these questions into a FAQ and "jdbc installation for newcomers"
page. If anyone has a free moment to take a look at it, I'd appreciate
feedback. There is a slight overlap with the documentation at
jdbc.postgresql.org & Peter Mount's instructions in the PGSQL programmer's
manual. The difference is that my version assumes a little less starting
knowledge & addresses some of the common errors that people make when
starting out.

http://www.fankhausers.com/postgresql/jdbc/

Suggestions are welcome.

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/