Re: n_distinct way off, but following a pattern.

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Pgsql-Performance(at)Postgresql(dot) Org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Ray Ontko" <rayo(at)ontko(dot)com>
Subject: Re: n_distinct way off, but following a pattern.
Date: 2003-11-16 13:52:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

> It would be interesting to see exactly what inputs are going into this
> equation. Do you feel like adding some debug printouts into this code?
> Or just looking at the variables with a debugger? In 7.3 it's about
> line 1060 in src/backend/commands/analyze.c.

Tom-

I don't really have time to follow up at this moment, but I think this would
be interesting to look into, so I'll plan to dig into it over the
Thanksgiving Holiday when I'll have a little time free to follow up on some
fun projects. Your pointers should let me get into it pretty quickly.

In the meantime, I'll just set up a cron job that runs behind my nightly
analyze to put the correct numbers into pg_statistic on the tables that this
affects.

Thanks-
-Nick