Re: Troubles at Startup

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Hugh Esco" <hesco(at)greens(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Troubles at Startup
Date: 2002-11-14 14:57:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

> I'm operating in Debian Woody, with PostgreSQL 7.2. -- Hugh

Hugh-

Did you install from the Debian package or compile-your-own? We're running
7.2 on Debian 2.4, and the startup/shutdown script that Oliver Elphick
created for the Debian package has worked flawlessly for us.

If you did your own install, let me know & I'll send you a copy of the
startup script that came with the Debian package off-list.

Alternately, I recommend just using the Debian package if you don't mind
being one step back from the cutting edge.

-Nick