RE: Newbie Question

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "John Pilley" <jpilley(at)spescrow(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Newbie Question
Date: 2000-11-01 17:32:58
Lists: pgsql-general

John-

According to the documentation and Bruce M's book, there is no limit. I've
never hit a limit while putting some pretty large (three page) narratives in
a text field. Practically speaking, I would guess that one will take a
performance hit due to fragmentation when storing big chunks of data
comingled with smaller chunks.

-Nick Fankhauser