Re: Starting PosgreSQL at bootup time

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Mayan" <escalante(at)canada(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Starting PosgreSQL at bootup time
Date: 2001-11-29 20:34:44
Lists: pgsql-general

> I have just finished installing PostgreSQL, now I'd like to start the
> PostgreSQL server at boot up time. How do I go about this?

Are you installing using the debian package? When I used the deb package
recently for 7.1.3, it installed in about 5 minutes using dselect without
any problems, and also set up a script for starting postmaster automatically
on boot-up. (Well done, Oliver!)

If you aren't using the debian package, e-mail me off-list & I'll send you a
copy of the startup script from the debian package. (But only if you promise
to holster that rocket-launcher <grin>.)

-Nick

Nick Fankhauser nickf(at)ontko(dot)com Phone 1.765.935.4283 Fax 1.765.962.9788
Ray Ontko & Co. Software Consulting Services http://www.ontko.com/