Re: resultset.first() untrappable error

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "kevin" <kevin(at)mtel(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: resultset.first() untrappable error
Date: 2003-08-19 01:53:13
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Kevin-

Looking at the code fragments, there's nothing obviously wrong, but we're
just seeing pieces. Given that nothing is obvious, I'd suggest it is time to
just start adding some debug statements to narrow it down...

> a call has been made to the jsp page defined isErrorPage=true with no
> valid
> Exception object.
> exception==null

So apparently an exception is being thrown, but is invalid by the time it
gets passed to the error page. Perhaps you can debug by catching the
exception before it gets to the jsp and dumping the stack to System.out so
you can see what's up in the tomcat stdout log. (Is this in a servlet or a
jsp?)

> the code will jump straight to the error bypassing any code of the
> form
> if(rst.first()) {
> // do something
> }

I guess the first thing I'd do is something like:
if (rst == null) System.out.println("rst is null");
if(rst.first()) {
// do something
}

-Nick