Re: Servlet problems

From: "Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com>
To: "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola(dot)Milutinovic(at)ev(dot)co(dot)yu>, "PostgreSQL JDBC" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Servlet problems
Date: 2001-12-17 15:17:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Nikola-

I have a thought which doesn't match your description precisely, but might
still be worth a try if you haven't already thought of it. I'm reminded of
it because I had a similar mystery once where my jsp would die mysteriously
unless I interrupted it before completion with a debug statement.

In my case the problem was that totmcat starts you off with a fairly small
chunk of memory to write each page to. I don't remember the exact number,
but I'm thinking it was 8K or 16K. The problem was that I overran this
buffer, resulting in an error that was misleading every time the page grew
to a certain size. A sizable email directory might be big enough to do this.

The fix was to insert this line at the top:

<%@ page buffer="64kb" %>

If this doesn't help, I'd suggest looking in Tomcat's work directory for the
java code that gets produced & posting a copy of it to the list. Although
many folks on the list don't speak jsp, they'll all be able to grok the java
version.

-Nick