RE: ODBC and Access 2000

From: "Peter Wilkinson" <peterw(at)innate(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: ODBC and Access 2000
Date: 2001-05-08 06:13:33
Lists: pgsql-odbc

We had this problem and tracked it down to the differences between Access's
and Posgres's handling of uninitialised booleans. The solution was to add
"set default false" on any booleans. Access does not set a default on
booleans in new rows it creates, but expects them to be not-null.

By the way, "write conflict" seems to be Access's message of last resort:
read it as meaning "something has gone wrong and I don't know what".

Peter Wilkinson
Innate Management Systems Ltd