RE: Can't find destroydb command in 7.0

From: "Michael S(dot) Kelly" <michaelk(at)axian(dot)com>
To: "Stephan Richter" <srichter(at)cbu(dot)edu>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Can't find destroydb command in 7.0
Date: 2000-04-25 17:25:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Stephan, dropdb worked just fine. Also, I was not at all offended by
your previous suggestion. I'm still pretty new to Linux.

This issue surfaces an opportunity for me to help the cause. As I go
through the process of setting up PostgreSQL 7.0 and developing a new
database in it, I could provide some QA on the documentation. Two items
have already surfaced. The first, of course, is that destroydb is now
dropdb in 7.0. The second is in the INSTALL document. In the section that
describes how to make PostgreSQL start at boot-time there is the following
paragraph:

In RedHat Linux add a file /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgres.init which is
based on the example in contrib/linux/. Then make a softlink to
this file from /etc/rc.d/rc5.d/S98postgres.init.

There's a much simpler way to accomplish this. Simply execute the
following:

contrib/linux/postgres.init.sh install

Who would I pass these suggestions on to?

-=michael=-