RE: log file?

From: "Tamsin" <tg_mail(at)bryncadfan(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <danb(at)cyclonecomputers(dot)com>
Subject: RE: log file?
Date: 2001-01-16 15:59:21
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

This is what I do to get all queries in a log file:

1. create a file called pg_options in your postgres home directory. In this
file, enter the word "query". Nothing else (if you look at the docs, there
are other things you can put in here).

2. Find out where stdout/stderr are going from postgres. This depends on
how you are starting postgres. I start my postmaster with the line:

/usr/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA -p /usr/bin/postmaster start >
~postgres/logs/postmaster.log 2>&1

so my log file is ~postgres/logs/postmaster.log and contains all the
queries.

Hope this helps!

Tamsin