log file?

From: Dan B <db(at)cyclonehq(dot)dnsalias(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: danb(at)cyclonecomputers(dot)com
Subject: log file?
Date: 2001-01-15 07:36:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm sorry about asking this here, since I'm sure it is a FAQ.

I'm using an ecommerce app (interchange) and it's giving me some database
errors (unterminated quoted string, blah blah). I would like to see the
SQL code as it is being executed (or given) to postgresql. Since my app
doesn't have a log that tells exactly what it is saying to postgresql, I
assume postgresql has this kind of logging capability. (I was thinking of
a file that I could just 'tail -f'.) It would really help me debug my app.

Thanks.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb(at)cyclonecomputers(dot)com