Error with tcp/ip networking

From: "Travis Bauer" <trbauer(at)cs(dot)indiana(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error with tcp/ip networking
Date: 2000-08-31 04:13:43
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm getting:

FATAL: StreamServerPort: bind() failed: Address already in use
Is another postmaster already running on that port?
If not, wait a few seconds and retry.

when I use postmaster with the -i option. Yes, I already deleted the
/tmp/?????.5432 files. When I run postmaster without -i, it works fine, but
no tcp/ip access. I had it working with tcp/ip once, but I had a nasty
crash for other reasons, and postmaster did not get a chance to exit
normally.

What did I miss? I'm running it on a solaris workstation.

Travis Bauer