decode()

From: "Archana Bharatee" <archana(at)ecomscience(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: decode()
Date: 2002-02-25 12:56:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We have developed a 'C' function to provide Oracle decode() functionality.
we have developed a C function DECODE which accepts an SQL Query and
replaces occurence of decode with case-when-then-else-end and returns the
query. There is no limitation of fixed number of parameters. This needs to
be added to PostgreSQL library. How do we do this?

regards,
Archana