RE: Permissions on Tables

From: "Edmar Wiggers" <edmar(at)brasmap(dot)com>
To: Luis Magaña <joe666(at)gnovus(dot)com>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Permissions on Tables
Date: 2000-10-31 05:54:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Try using adding -E option to psql. It will show you the queries used to
answer \d* (and other) commands.

psql -E test
test=> \dp
********* QUERY *********
SELECT relname as "Relation",
relacl as "Access permissions"
FROM pg_class
WHERE ( relkind = 'r' OR relkind = 'S') AND
relname !~ '^pg_'
ORDER BY relname

> I'm writing a interface that should manage users groups and
> permissions on tables in a database. Have almost completed users
> and groups handling, but now I'm facing a problem... How can I
> find out what
> are the permissions on a table without using \dp ?. This should
> be done through a SELECT or something similar. Thanks for any
> help gentlemans.

Take care,

Edmar