RE: Lack of Performance

From: "Toma Vailikit" <toma(at)nutz(dot)org>
To: <marten(at)toppoint(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Lack of Performance
Date: 2000-11-25 17:25:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Yeah, I guess I didn't make myself clear. It wouldn't have mattered which DB
I would have ended up sticking with. Postgres or MySQL. Using a table that
is 30,000+ rows and growing fast would have dogged any system. What it all
comes down to is if you are going to be expecting a massive number of
queries constantly, then you need to manage your tables to be more efficient
and be able to get the answers you want without the system needing to parse
through too much BS. This holds true for any DB.

I ended up sticking with Postgres, not neccesarily because I preferred it,
but because I'm a lazy sack and didn't want to reconvert my scripts to pull
from a different DB. In my personal experience I haven't noticed any
performance benefits either way between MySQL and Postgres.